Friday, August 29, 2008

You Go Girl !!

Palin visiting troops in Iraq in July of 2007



Gimme a break already !! All this crying about everyone's absorption with Palin's nomination.... you guys crack me up, if you weren't interested, you wouldn't be blogging!! Is it reverse psychology or morbid fascination?


Well, let's just say I wouldn't want to be seeing Hillary's pantyline right now, it's probably gotta knot in it that would make a sailor proud. (not that I would ever really want to see that anyway)

I think that old codger (McCain, not to be confused with Hillary) definitely knows how to work it, and if this is his kind of governmental shake-up, I am going to have some serious fun blogging. And that's all that really matters right?


So, I love how there was this almost instantaneous sucker-punch from the Democratic side right when she finished the speech. " Her inexperience...." Let's see, it didn't stop their presidential nominee from being on the ticket. Last time I checked, she is the only one to have Executive experience of the two... and then there was the priceless nugget of "foreign policy" experience.


"I went to Iraq and all I got was this lousy t-shirt!"-Obama


You know, just going once, while/because you are in the race, does not constitute a policy. Palin went to Iraq, after being elected as Governor, which makes her the commander of our National Guard, to visit our troops. (Which, as I recall, Obama avoided) So the VP nominee maybe has equal or more clout, depending on personal perspective. Is that all they've got?


For myself, I would say I am a middle-of-the-road-swing-voter. I am undeclared, a voting enigma, but there is no way in Hades that I would have ever voted for the O'Billary ticket. It is an impossibility to vote for someone who would openly condone her husband publicly diddling anything with 2 legs that whispers "OHHH, Mr. President" in his ear. What else would be condonable? I can't respect someone who obviously doesn't respect themself or the integrity of their position.


I am also not really sure if I could turn my own personal business over to someone with only a couple years of actual work experience, let alone the running of my country.....

As I mentioned in a comment, the job qualifications bar has already been lowered by the Democratice nominee, so let's play limbo!!


Game On !!






13 comments:

Art Vandelay said...

You go yourself girl....

devilsclub said...

Thank you for infecting my mind with the thought of Hillary's panty line.... I don't think I'd want to see that either. Or her picking the wedgie.

Ed Darrell said...

(Which, as I recall, Obama avoided)

You recall incorrectly. Obama was with a Congressional delegation in Iraq, and all three senators visited with the troops.

Fireweed said...

I stand corrected, yet this still gives him relatively the same amount of foreign policy experience. Both he and Palin have a lot of learning to do, however doing it as a VP is much more palatable to me than winging it as Commander in Chief.

Ed Darrell said...

No. Obama lived in Indonesia. Obama has travelled the world. I love how a member of Congress can't win on this issue: If he travels, he's a "junketeer." If he doesn't travel, he's "inexperienced." Obama had more international experience when he was first elected to the Illinois legislature than George Bush has now after eight years in the White House.

Obama's spent four years on the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee. That's a graduate program and a half.

Palin's giving a half billion dollars to Canadians isn't really foreign relations experience.

It also is probably very stupid.

And, in the grand scheme of things, a Columbia graduate, Harvard Law, who taught at Chicago's Law School, is far ahead of a journalism graduate from the University of Idaho.

On any realistic scale, Obama's in fine shape.

Art Vandelay said...

Obama also has showed up for work for just 140 days out of the last 1460 days he's been a senator. He has no significant legislative accomplishment nor has he chaired a single substantive meeting in the NATO subcommittee he chairs.

Spinning can go both ways. I still think he's a good man, though.

Anonymous said...

You're Erin Harrington, aren't you?

Art Vandelay said...

I most certainly am not! I think I'm a man.

Or are you talking about the blog owner?

:P

Fireweed said...

Funny you should think that, we don't write anything alike.Nice try, though. I'm definitely not going to give it up that easy....I'm very naughty....

Ed Darrell said...

Obama also has showed up for work for just 140 days out of the last 1460 days he's been a senator.

I call the bluff. Let's see the documentation.

Art Vandelay said...

It doesn't take much effort to know that a candidate who has been running for president since Feb 2007 hasn't been at work much considering his office started in Jan 2005 considering how often congress isn't even in session. Granted I'm sure congress does work in their home areas. I'm just pointing out that anyone can spin anything they want. I'm not against Obama I just get tired of people on both sides who like to tout their talking points--that includes what I'm hearing on the news about Palin's "executive" experience she has over Obama.

The bottom line is neither Pallin or Obama have been around much at all even if you add what they did in their respective states.

Just let people make up their own mind.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/4285

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_days_has_Barack_Obama_served_in_the_US_Senate

http://illinoisreview.typepad.com/illinoisreview/2008/08/the-democrats-h.html

Ed Darrell said...

Art, I'm highly skeptical of sites that don't show their math.

Work in the Senate can be -- usually is -- very gruelling. 95% of it goes on away from the floor. The sites you link to appear to count only floor time for Obama (but use a different standard for McCain -- cheaters).

I've worked in state government in small states (Utah, though four times the size of Alaska's population), medium sized states (Maryland), and large states (Texas). I spent ten years staffing the senate between 1974 and 1986, and worked with the National Governors Association, the National Association of State Legislators, and a lot of individuals in all of those roles, in the legislative and executive branches of local, state and federal government.

Obama's got the qualifications. No, he's not been there as long as Ted Stevens -- thank God.

Alaska's government is tiny. Except for oil pipeline issues, it's a small state -- the whole state is smaller than Fort Worth, Texas. Dealing with oil companies is the only area Palin might have any kind of an edge on Obama, and when we take the tickets together, McCain/Palin pales in experience and vision. One can make a claim that Palin has more experience working with Inuit, but certainly one cannot argue that her experience is greater than Obama's in working with minorities. The guy grew up in Hawaii, and he worked the most desperate zones of the West side of Chicago.

Obama's been in politics since 1983, Palin since 1992. Obama was elected first in 1997, and served with distinction in the Illinois Senate and the U.S. Senate.

They both technically have the "experience" for the job.

Now let's talk issues. Palin campaigned on a platform in Wasilla to eliminate public schools, I understand. She sent a half-billion contract for a pipeline to Canada. She claims she didn't know her own aides were pestering the highway patrol to fire her ex-brother in law. Can you make a solid case she's compos mentis on any policy?

Anonymous said...

Great post!
MCorder
MJCorder.com
KodiakWX.com