Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines my ass.....or whatever works.


WELL, How many of us have heard the male whine of ......"All Valentines' Day represents is another attempt at commercializing a holiday, so I didn't want to support the globalization of a commercial holiday,or the depletion of the rain forest,blah, blah, blah.... so....I didn't get you anything, but I would like a piece of ass later, during which I will tell you I love you. Did they get a piece of ass....hell no. Were they so surprised, why yes.

You know, truthfully, I would be ok with that save the planet/human race plan.....if the male specimens actually showed this sentiment every day, just as many of them would like to have a meal cooked every day, or their children taken care of daily, or some other needs fulfilled on a daily basis. Then I honestly think most women, (but there are some bitches), would be ok with the revised Valentine plan. However, when you're not feeling the love the rest of the year, the bitterness builds, and all you have is maybe that one day where your beloved pulls his proverbial head out of his ass and makes you feel special. I know it's sad, but would you take away that one day, no matter how superficial it might seem? (Yes I did divorce him)


I think it boils down to men interpreting and expressing their love on a physical level, and women on a mental/emotional. I knew a man once who truly believed that if his dinner was not cooked and on the table, that the love was gone completely. He explained that this was how he knew he was loved. WOW! I thought it was the love letters, walks on the beach, hour long conversations about the future, giving birth to children and nurturing them....but no. It was the frequency of sex, consistency of dinner, and fresh pressed shirts that established his perception of being loved. (Yes I divorced him too)


Then along came the perfect (well almost anyways) man. One who really likes all those things guys like, hot sex, good food, clean clothes, but also confident enough to know that those things are the perks, but do not define a relationship. Maybe not all men have figured out yet that their soul must also be fed, or all women are as interchangeable as a portable pocket vagina. When a man appreciates a woman for all of her caring, nurturing, thoughtfulness, and shows her this, guys, you will get whatever you want. The woman will do anything (maybe not a threesome with her sister, Nick) to please you.


This morning I got up so sick, and my Valentine, brings me coffee and tries to make me feel better. Then the doorbell rings, and it's a flower delivery just for me. You know, as nice as the flowers are, the cup of coffee in bed meant so much more, and I had nothing to give in return. I had been so sick, and couldn't get out. I apologized profusely, said how bad I felt about not having a gift to give. He told me that it doesn't matter because he knows he is loved every single day. This is with no dinner on his horizon, no laundry done, and the prospect of hot sex very, very, distant.

This IS love. Or he's still holding out for hot sex, or both. It shouldn't really require that much to make someone feel cherished. Either way I feel happy, and I know who won't be needing that portable device. Happy V-Day, and pull your heads out before it's too late.

1 comment:

kodiakgriff said...

Excellent points!, But I am a little confused which, in itself, is not unusual.
A home cooked meal is not a sign of love, but coffee in bed is?
I agree with you that guys and gals look at things from entirely different perspectives, face it they always will.
A friend if mine once explained it like this.
A man and woman are sitting at dinner. Woman asks,"how's the whipped potatoes?" Man sez " " a little runny". She thinks, OMG how long as he hated my potatoes? He's actually surprised she's upset cause normally they're great, just not tonight.
Nuff said, hope you had a great V-day anyways.
Peace