Friday, August 7, 2009

Neighbors, and other interesting animals.....

Ever wondered what in the world people are thinking.....? or if they are thinking? or if they are people??


Maybe I've been watching too much scifi, but it seems to me that "they" have been behaving rather oddly.


Well, there's the two kids that I can only tell apart because one has a self-inflicted mohawk. They keep cutting through my backyard on their way to further adventures, and knocking on my door to rescue their boots that have gotten repeatedly stuck in the muck that is the larger part of my yard. Did I mention that this is usually at 8 am, or 10 pm? After much nice neighborly boot retrieval, I informed them that I will keep their boots as toll if they lose them here again.


Then there are the other ones who decide to come berry-picking....IN MY YARD !! Little kids, I would understand, but adults?? Come on people!! and there are berries everywhere else....hello.....


Ok, so I'm sitting outside, enjoying a cup of coffee yesterday evening with my hot lawn boy Antonio, when all of a sudden, SMASH!!! the sound of shattering glass and slamming door. I jumped and exclaimed "What the Heck!" or something like that, and Antonio says, "Shhhh it was the neighbor, he can hear you." What the heck, he can hear me, he should hear me, he threw a freakin glass bowl out in the road and smashed it everywhere! Moron!


I should probably mention that this is the same neighbor who smokes fish between our houses when the bears are out...I think he has a death wish. I might fulfill that wish for him, and possibly his wife's wishes too.


Then there are all the busy weekenders with construction projects at 8 in the morning on the weekend. I am tempted to rent a jack hammer for the weekend. Or take up playing the clarinet. Except I would have to get up early....hmmm.


In other news, my old Coastie neighbors that cast dirty looks at everyone who said hi to them, disappeared overnight, with no trace. We didn't even see them go. It was like an alien abduction. strange....

They have been replaced by the parents of the Mo and Nohawk brothers. They actually raised their hands in the earthling ritual greeting, and spoke words of peace. nice.


I think that this side of the street is under human control now, still not sure about the other side though. I am sure that some of them wear baseball caps to cover their antennae. Especially the idiot with the broken glass. He left it out there, so I decided to sweep it back over to his side of the street, conveniently locating it at the end of his driveway.


Maybe I'll bake him a Puschki pie later.....


It just dawned on me that it was full moon, maybe they're not aliens after all, but werewolves.

4 comments:

kodiakgriff said...

Good to hear form ya Fireweed!
Ah, neighbors; sweet, sweet, neighbors.
One of the joys of Flatsville,is the space. which is a good thing, cause out here there are a few quirky residents. The good news is that come summer, many disappear on fishing expeditions and the rest become camouflaged behind the burgeoning alders.
Wanna have some fun? Start having get-togethers in the front yard. Invite any one you know with a motorcycle of monster truck and make sure they bring them. It's a great way to meet the neighborhood.
BTW Thanks for the comment back at homepage. You Rock!
Peace

Fireweed said...

Love it!! I thought the nude bonfires in the front would have been enough...but alas, no. I am hoping the altar with the human/animal sacrifices will help.
I'm going to start planning that next get-together, and I have some choice peeps in mind. And no, you rock!

The Yellow Porcupine said...

You're starting to sound like John McCain - "Hey you kids, get offa my lawn!"
Beware Coasties who disappear in the midst of the night - they'll reappear when and where you least expect them.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.